An alleged victim of a recent school abduction in Oyo State has appealed for urgent intervention from the government and Nigerians after a video surfaced online showing some of the kidnapped victims pleading for help from captivity.

The woman, identified as Mrs Alamu and said to be the principal of Community High School, Esinele, claimed that she, alongside several teachers and students, was abducted by armed men during an attack on the school in Oriire Local Government Area of the state.

In the emotional video, which circulated widely on social media on Sunday, the principal said the attack occurred around 9:30 a.m. on Friday when gunmen stormed the school premises and whisked away staff members and students.

“On Friday at around 9:30, we were attacked by a certain group of people. A good number of us were abducted, the staff and the students as well,” she said.

Mrs Alamu appealed to the Federal Government, Oyo State Government, the Christian Association of Nigeria, and other Nigerians to intervene and facilitate their release.

“We have been here since Friday. I am making this video to ask for help from everyone. They should come to our help and settle this thing peacefully so that our lives will not be lost,” she added.

Another woman identified as Temitope, who appeared in the video carrying a baby, also appealed for immediate rescue efforts.

She identified herself as a staff member of First Baptist Church in Ogbomosho and claimed that both teachers and schoolchildren were taken during the invasion.

“We are all here, we need help from the federal government and the state government, both the church, First Baptist Church and the community. We need your help so that these people will release us,” she said.

Temitope further lamented the condition of the children in captivity, saying many of them had been crying and were visibly distressed.

“The children are here, they are crying so that we will not waste our lives. Please help us all. We need your help,” she pleaded.

Although the authenticity and original source of the video could not be independently verified as of press time, the Oyo State Police Command confirmed awareness of the development.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Ayanlade Olayinka, said security operatives were already working on the matter.

“I have seen the video, we are working on it,” he said.

The incident comes amid reports that gunmen recently invaded a secondary school in the Ahoro-Esinele community in Oriire Local Government Area and abducted the principal along with some students and staff members.

The development has sparked widespread concern on social media, with many Nigerians expressing fears over the worsening security situation and calling for urgent action to rescue the victims.

The latest incident adds to growing anxiety over attacks on schools and abductions in parts of the country, especially involving students and educational workers.

Post Disclaimer

All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this website are not and do not represent the stance of National Periscope but the statements of newsmakers mentioned therein.

For your detailed news reportage... contact the Editor at Joel2oladele@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Related Posts
Filming, snapping policemen on duty not a crime – FPRO

Filming, snapping policemen on duty not a crime – FPRO Read more

Bandits Storm Wedding Party, Kill 13 Guests in Kaduna

Bandits Storm Wedding Party, Kill 13 Guests in Kaduna Tragedy Read more

Alia Urges JAMB to Reschedule UTME for Abducted Benue Candidates

Alia Urges JAMB to Reschedule UTME for Abducted Benue Candidates Read more