
Over 3.5m Nigerians Register for CVR Online in Three Weeks – INEC
JOEL OLADELE, Abuja

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced that a total of 3,544,850 Nigerians have pre-registered online in the ongoing Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise within three weeks of commencement.
The National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Sam Olumekun, disclosed this in a statement on Monday, noting that the figure covered registrations as of Sunday, September 7, 2025.
According to the Commission, of the online registrants, 1,709,933 (48.24%) are male, while 1,834,917 (51.76%) are female. Young people between the ages of 18 and 34 accounted for the majority with 2,291,809 (64.65%), while 882,441 (24.89%) identified themselves as students.
Olumekun further revealed that the Commission has started combining figures for completed online pre-registration and physical (in-person) registration. As of Thursday, September 4, 2025, the cumulative number of completed registrations stood at 288,614. Out of this, 132,634 (45.96%) were male and 155,980 (54.04%) were female.
“In terms of age and occupation, 215,414 (74.64%) of those who completed their registration are between 18 and 34 years, while 114,150 (39.55%) are students,” the INEC spokesman stated.
He added that detailed breakdowns by state, gender, age, occupation, and disability status had been uploaded to the Commission’s official website and platforms for public access.
INEC expressed appreciation for the positive response of citizens and organisations that have mobilised civic participation in the exercise but also issued a stern warning against underage registration.
Olumekun stressed; “We wish to reiterate that voter registration is only open to citizens who are 18 years or older at the time of registration. It is illegal for anyone to encourage underage registration or those below 18 years of age to register in anticipation that they will attain the legal age of voting by the time the general election holds in 2027.”
Post Disclaimer
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this website are not and do not represent the stance of National Periscope but the statements of newsmakers mentioned therein.
For your detailed news reportage... contact the Editor at Joel2oladele@gmail.com






FCT Council Polls: INEC Begins Ward-Level Distribution of 128,396 PVCs Read more
Peter Obi blasts INEC over 2023 election report, says it Read more
Polling Units Still Struggle With Real-Time IReV Uploads, Says INEC Read more
INEC Removes David Mark-Led ADC Leadership from Portal, Cites Court Read more