By JOEL OLADELE, Abuja

The Nigeria Police Force has rescued a 43-year-old woman and her two-year-old son from a kidnappers’ hideout in a forest in Bode Sadu, Kwara State, following a tactical operation carried out by operatives of the Force Intelligence Department–Intelligence Response Team (FID-IRT).

The rescue operation, conducted on Saturday, was based on credible intelligence that the victims were being held captive in the forest. Police said the operation was carried out in collaboration with local security support groups as part of ongoing efforts to tackle kidnapping and other violent crimes across the country.

According to a statement issued on Saturday by the Force Public Relations Officer, Force Headquarters, Abuja, CSP Anietie Okokon Edem Iniedu, the kidnappers opened fire on the operatives upon sighting them in an attempt to thwart the operation.

The police, however, responded with superior tactical force, compelling the suspects to abandon the victims and flee further into the forest.

Following a search of the area, the operatives rescued the woman, identified as Adijat Kuburat, 43, and her two-year-old son, Abdul Malik Hamzat, from the kidnappers’ camp.

The statement said the victims had been evacuated to a medical facility, where they are receiving treatment and care after the ordeal.

Police added that efforts had been intensified to track down the fleeing kidnappers and dismantle the criminal network responsible for the abduction.

Commending the operatives involved in the mission, the Inspector-General of Police, Olatunji Rilwan Disu, praised their courage and professionalism in carrying out the rescue.

“The Nigeria Police Force remains committed to combating kidnapping and other violent crimes through sustained intelligence-led and collaborative operations until all criminal elements are brought to justice,” the IGP said.

The Police announcement comes hours after activist Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, issued a statement detailing the role played by the Iru Ekun Security Team in the operation that led to the victims’ rescue.

National Periscope reported that the activist had described the collaboration between the local security outfit and security agencies as crucial to the success of the mission. READ MORE… https://nationalperiscope.com/2026/07/04/igboho-announces-rescue-of-abducted-woman-two-year-old-son-after-18-days/

📢 Follow National Periscope on WhatsApp

Get breaking news and updates directly on WhatsApp.

Join WhatsApp Channel
Post Disclaimer

All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this website are not and do not represent the stance of National Periscope but the statements of newsmakers mentioned therein.

For your detailed news reportage... contact the Editor at Joel2oladele@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Related Posts
Food security: FG to establish military base in Lake Chad

Food security: FG to establish military base in Lake Chad Read more

How NAF is eliminating terrorists, insurgents, other criminal elements – DOPRI

How NAF is eliminating terrorists, insurgents, other criminal elements – Read more

FCTA to review security architecture in nation’s capital

FCTA to review security architecture in nation’s capital The Federal Read more

Kaduna air strike: “Over 30” villagers killed, Army claims responsibility 

Kaduna air strike: "Over 30" villagers killed, Army claims responsibility  Read more