By JOEL OLADELE, Abuja
Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo

The Ministry of Interior has debunked a claim circulating on social media that the ongoing recruitment exercise of the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB) has been suspended until after the 2027 general election.

The ministry described the purported announcement as fake, unauthorised and fraudulent, stressing that no decision had been taken to suspend or postpone the recruitment exercise.

The clarification was contained in a statement signed on Thursday by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Dr Magdalene Ajani, following the circulation of a document titled “CDCFIB Recruitment Update” and dated August 11, 2026.

The document was falsely attributed to the Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, and claimed that the recruitment exercise had been deferred until after the 2027 election due to funding constraints.

Ajani said the purported statement did not originate from the Ministry of Interior, the minister’s office or the CDCFIB.

“The Ministry wishes to state unequivocally that this press release is fake, unauthorised, and fraudulent. The Minister did not sign or issue this statement,” she said.

The Permanent Secretary stressed that the recruitment exercise was ongoing and urged applicants and members of the public to disregard the fake document.

“No decision has been made to defer the recruitment exercise until after the 2027 general election,” the ministry said.

It advised applicants to rely exclusively on information published through the ministry’s verified platforms and those of the CDCFIB for updates on the recruitment exercise.

The ministry specifically directed applicants and other members of the public to the official recruitment portal, **cdcfib.gov.ng**, for authentic information.

The clarification is coming amid the widespread use of social media and messaging platforms by job seekers seeking information on government recruitment exercises, raising concerns over the circulation of fake announcements that could mislead applicants.

The ministry therefore urged members of the public to verify recruitment-related information through official channels before acting on any announcement circulating online.

It reaffirmed that the CDCFIB recruitment exercise had not been suspended or postponed and urged applicants to continue to follow official updates from the relevant government platforms.

📢 Follow National Periscope on WhatsApp

Get breaking news and updates directly on WhatsApp.

Join WhatsApp Channel
Post Disclaimer

All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this website are not and do not represent the stance of National Periscope but the statements of newsmakers mentioned therein.

For your detailed news reportage... contact the Editor at Joel2oladele@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Related Posts
UK bans international health workers from bringing dependants

UK bans international health workers from bringing dependants The United Read more

At last, Edo assembly impeaches deputy gov, Shaibu

At last, Edo assembly impeaches deputy gov, Shaibu The Edo Read more

How Nigeria customs fraudulently sold 300 cars for N10,000

How Nigeria customs fraudulently sold 300 cars for N10,000 The Read more