APC Convention: Aspirant Alleges Form Denial Despite Paying N5.1m

JOEL OLADELE, Abuja

Fubara Dagogo

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Director General of the All Progressives Congress States Assembly Forum (ASAF), Fubara Dagogo, has raised alarm over what he described as the refusal of party officials to issue him a nomination form despite meeting all requirements.

Dagogo, who is aspiring to contest for the position of Zonal Vice Chairman, South-South, made the allegation on Wednesday while addressing journalists at the APC National Secretariat in Abuja.

The development is coming at a time the ruling party is finalising arrangements for its convention scheduled for March 27 and 28, where key national and zonal offices are expected to be contested.

The aspirant explained that he had completed the payment process and obtained all necessary documentation, including receipts and verification from the accounts department, in line with the party’s guidelines.

He said after fulfilling these conditions, he proceeded to the organising department to collect the nomination form but was repeatedly told it was unavailable.

Dagogo expressed concern that the situation could undermine internal democracy within the party if not addressed promptly.

“I paid N5.1 million as stipulated and was issued receipts accordingly. I followed due process, but I have not been given the form,” he said.

He further alleged that the explanation given by party officials did not reflect the reality on ground.

“When I got to the organising office, they told me there was no form, yet I could see forms being moved around. That raises serious questions,” he added.

The APC chieftain suggested that there may be deliberate attempts by some individuals to frustrate his ambition, warning that such actions could create disaffection among party loyalists.

According to him, his long-standing involvement in the party, dating back to its formative years, should count for fairness in the process.

Dagogo also noted that he had previously contested for various positions within the party and remained committed to its growth and success.

“I have served this party at different levels and contributed to its development. I believe I have earned the right to participate in this process,” he said.

He therefore called on President Bola Tinubu to intervene, expressing confidence that the President would ensure a level playing field for all aspirants.

“I believe Mr President may not be aware of what is happening. I urge him to look into this and ensure that justice is done,” he stated.

Dagogo maintained that he remains ready to face any opponent at the polls, insisting that he only seeks a fair opportunity to contest.

“If I am not good enough, let them say so. But if I have met all the requirements, then give me the form and let us go to the field,” he said.

He, however, expressed optimism that the matter would be resolved in line with the party’s rules, noting that he still believes in the APC’s internal processes.

As of the time of filing this report, the party had yet to issue an official response to the allegations.

Post Disclaimer

All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this website are not and do not represent the stance of National Periscope but the statements of newsmakers mentioned therein.

For your detailed news reportage... contact the Editor at Joel2oladele@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Related Posts
Pro-Tinubu group faults Obasanjo on Zimbabwe’s economic model for Nigeria

Pro-Tinubu group faults Obasanjo on Zimbabwe’s economic model for Nigeria Read more

Kogi state to establish special economic zone

Kogi state to establish special economic zone JOEL OLADELE, Abuja  Read more

APC Lauds Buhari’s Loyalty to Party

APC Lauds Buhari's Loyalty to Party JOEL OLADELE, Abuja The Read more